Friday, November 11, 2011

Mysore Palace - Part 2

Okay, first, make sure you check out Mysore Palace - Part 1!

So, as I was saying, our first main stop for the day was the Summer Place of Tipu Sultan, otherwise known as the Dariya Daulat

Here's some quick info on the Summer Palace:

And here are some great shots of the grounds and palace:

And of course, a quick pic of your favorite blogger:

Very interesting history regarding Tipu Sultan, I suggest you check him out more. From there, we went into Mysore and went to grab lunch. And, thanks to Praveen, this wasn't just some roadside dhaba. Nope, this was a hotel that was once a temporary palace! Per Praveen, the original Mysore Palace was made out of wood. After a fire destroyed the original palace, a temporary one was built. Check out this "temp"!

And here is a shot of the room we had lunch in!

Amazing place. Finally, we made our way to the Mysore palace. Now, unfortunately I don't have a lot of shots of the palace because they make you check your camera at the gate. I decided to leave mine and my manager took hers and got some shots. Also, there were no cameras allowed into the palace but here's some great ones I found to give you some perspective:

The amazing thing, on nights and weekends, they light up the entire palace!

Truly an amazing place and I suggest you read more about it! Well, needless to say, after all that and looking at another 3 hour drive home we called it a day and headed back to Bangalore. I hit the pillow hard again and had a nice long rest before our first day in the office.

Well, I'll continue to mix in Bangalore posts as we go but I have to start sharing the paradise I am now privileged enough to find myself in. Coming up next, the Maldives and my arrival to my resort via sea plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment