Saturday, November 12, 2011

Maldivians know how to TAXI!

Okay, as you hopefully are now aware, I'm in the Maldives. The Maldives is a country just east and south of the southern tip of India (east of Sri Lanka). Here's another shot:

So, on Friday, I hopped on an Air India flight from Bangalore to Malé, the capital of the Maldives. Here's another shot of Malé

And the little slice of a landing strip they call Malé International Airport:

So, once I landed, I connected with the Diva Maldives contact after clearing customs. Funny little fact, the Maldives prohibits alcohol coming into the country. Now, granted, it is essentially a Muslim population, but certainly works out in favor for the resorts! I read this from a post on Trip Advisor but not like I was going to try anyway. Seriously. Okay, maybe I thought about it! ;)

So, from Malé International I'm taken to the Diva hospitality suite. Sweet.

Here, we wait for our ride on the Maldivian Air Taxi to the resort...

So awesome! Here is my video of the take off:

Am I RIGHT???? Even cooler, my views from the air:

So we had two stops before we got to the Diva. Very cool places but in my opinion, they ain't got nothing on the Diva. Soon enough, I was landing at my resort. You can see the one strip of ocean villas on the right as we are landing:

A few more shots of the Diva after I landed to close out this post.

PLENTY more to come, including my first full day of diving and my search for the elusive whale shark! Stay thirsty my friends!
~ Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment