Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Biere and Fish

Okay gang, once again slacking on my updates.  Obviously our work here has begun!  We had a great day yesterday and had meetings almost all day to connect with team members over here.  Then Pam and I met with our entire Corporate Systems Bangalore team in the afternoon for a "state of the state" presentation of Corporate Systems as a whole.  We have such great team members over here.  I cannot say that enough.  WE HAVE SUCH... :)  Seriously though, they have all been great to meet with and they have all been so hospitable with us.  Truly great people here in Bangalore!

Now, even with our first full day in the office, you all know me.  Work hard.  Play hard.  So, after work we went out with a great group.  Anil, Praveen, Raji, Bala, Pam, Eric (Pam's husband) and your favorite blogger headed back towards UB City and went to a place called The Biere Club.  Bangalore's first craft brewery and an excellent suggestion by Praveen (ONCE AGAIN).  I have some pictures but haven't had time to upload them so you'll have to wait.  Really a great time sharing stories, jokes, and overall getting to know each other even better.  And you all know how easy that can be over a frosty beverage or two!  Unfortunately, that's about all I can share.  Sorry, Biere Club members only.  :)

Now, you may be wondering why I also included fish in my title.  Well, it just so happens there is an Asian spa across the street by the name of the Kenko Spa.  One of the big attractions at this particular spa are the fish.  They have fish pedicures available.  If you are unaware, a fish pedicure... well, let me quote from the Kenko website: "Once your feet have been placed in the warm water, the Doctor fish (Garra Rufa) begin to investigate. Once you have passed the point of feeling ticklish, the fish begin to act as a stimulating, yet relaxing massage with hundreds of them running their little suction cup mouths along your feet and toes. They seek out and remove dead skin, bacteria and calluses while rejuvenating healthy skin."  HA!  So, at the initiation of Anil (and his desire to try this out too)... Anil, Raji and I ran across the street to the spa.  Ran being an appropriate term (re: read my traffic post)!  Now, don't worry... I will NOT post pictures of my feet but what an experience!  It TOTALLY tickles the whole time but it is not bad.  I'm not sure how well they worked but they don't let up on you until you pull your feet out of the water.  Those little buggers must be really hungry!  So funny... we couldn't stop laughing the entire time.  I'd recommend it as it was truly a strange and hilarious experience.  Well, back to work but I should have more time tonight to post more.  Cheers!
~ Rich

1 comment:

  1. Better than a cup of coffee in the AMNovember 9, 2011 at 9:35 AM

    OMG! Your fish pedi post made me have goosebumps all over. WoW, what an experience! I laughed out loud and was crying at my desk while reading it...sounds like you are enjoying your time across the ocean! Good for you! Keep the posts coming, it is fun to see what you have been up to.

    ReplyDelete